Pool Resources & Information
We hope this helps!
Here are some frequently asked questions and pool resources for new pool owners! Our customers asked, and we are eager to answer!
Pool Safety 101
Avoid the worst, put safety first!
Owning a pool or a spa is both an enjoyable privilege and a responsibility. Given the possibility for things to go off “the deep end” when safety precautions aren’t practiced, prevention is essential. More than just wearing the proper SPF to protect yourself and your guests/family from harmful UV rays, Staycation Pools offers some tips for new and existing pool owners.
- Staycation Pools offers automatic safety cover options for your pool to protect from weather or harsh conditions and keep pets and children safe around the pool when it is closed.
- Assign a responsible adult with swimming experience to supervise children and non-swimmers at all time
- Provide all inexperienced swimmers with flotation device options (pool noodles, life vests, or other flotation devices)
- Take your pool water to your local pool store to have your water balance tested. Imbalanced water can be bad for your skin, your pipes, and your pool!
- Only allow diving in the deep end of the pool (6ft and over)
- If you are planning to be away, ensure your pool is covered before you leave
- Store pool chemicals away from the reach of pets and children
Build a secure fence around your pool to prevent possible accidents with children. London by-laws determine that the minimum height for a pool fence is 5ft. Auto-lock fence gates are also beneficial. See the London By-Law Notice for all pool fence requirements.
- Use your best judgement to create your own pool rules and requirements for your family and guests to follow. This may include no glass around the pool, using a buddy-system for swimming, no running on the deck, etc.
Frequently asked questions.
Does Staycation Pools do pool openings and closings?
Yes! You can count on us to properly open and close your pool to protect your beautiful backyard investment. Our openings and closings happen April through November on pools we have built.
Does Staycation Pools provide a warranty for pools you build?
- -Mechanical: equipment parts and labour have a 3-year warranty.
- There is a 7 year warranty on pool moving/cracking within our construction control.
- Pool Liners: there is warranty coverage on manufacturing defects; this is pro- rated.
What information should I have available to get an accurate quote?
Your true budget
Your top priorities and intentions for your pool
The size of your backyard/space
1 or 2 styles/shapes of pools you like. Visit Staycation Pools social media for inspiration!
Determine what safety measures need to be included within your pool space
Consider finishing touches you want and be upfront about them! It is much more efficient to fit them into the budget beforehand than in the middle of the build.
Can a pool be installed in my sloped backyard?
Absolutely! We would use retainer walls to keep the structure, and it is totally doable.
Does Staycations offer concrete work and landscaping upon the pool installation?
Staycation Pools is happy to offer a variety of concrete work such as: patios, pool decks, driveways, offering brushed, stamped, or colour concrete for added personality. Check out our Gallery for inspiration! In addition, we recommend and work closely with Mckinnon Gardens for all of your landscaping needs!
How long does a pool typically take to be installed?
This depends solely on the size of the project! A basic pool would take 2-3 weeks from breaking the ground to swimming in your pool; added features, size and customization requires more planning and time to install.
What features can I add to my pool?
We offer a variety of unique features that can be budgeted into the pool of your dreams. Some of the features we offer include:
Fountains/ deck jets
Automatic/wireless remote pool covers
Shallow tanning ledges
Bench seating & swim up bar
Slides & diving rocks
Custom pool liners
Jumping rocks and natural surroundings customized to your liking
Surrounding stamped or brushed concrete to compliment the pool